Feb 4, 2018

January 2018 Wrap-Up, Challenge Updates, and Favorites


Wrap-Up
January was a great month for relaxing since it was the month before the semester started up again. I didn't reach my goal of reading 7 books but I did read 5 and they were quality books!


    
  

Reviews:
Everless by Sara Holland
From Twinkle, With Love by Sandhya Menon--coming later this month!

Challenges Update


For the #2017Throwback Challenge, I read Caraval by Stephanie Garber. 

2018 Monthly Motif Reading Challenge


For the 2018 Monthly Motif Challenge, January's challenge was to read a book with a character (or written by an author) of a race, religion, or sexual orientation other than your own. I read Dear Martin by Nic Stone.


January Favorites

January was filled with Netflix shows, coloring, and relaxing. It was a great month before I went back to school.

For shows, I've been obsessed with...

  

Stranger Things was a show that I finished within two days and I'm still obsessed. The characters have such a charisma to them that you have to fall in love with them. I, personally, loved the stories of Mike and Eleven and Jonathan (can I call dibs on him?). I still can't decide on whether I loved season one or two more. 

Riverdale was a show that I was definitely obsessed with based on the storyline and a few key characters. Jughead Jones and Betty Cooper made this show amazing. The actors who play Archie and Veronica aren't the best actors but their characters are still enjoyable. I was a big fan of the Archie Comics when I was a kid so I love being about to see little details that are similar. 



So I originally had no interest in watching Jumanji but my mom went away for the weekend and to cheer up my brother I took him. He had been wanting to watch this since the trailer came out and it was hilarious! I didn't expect to enjoy it as much as I did. The movie is definitely one that I would and probably will watch again. Kevin Hart and Dwayne Johnson are such a great comedy duo. 


My favorite past time for sure, has been The Selection Coloring Book. It is just so relaxing and I do reference back to the book for certain scenes to make sure the picture is accurate. I own a couple of coloring books but I've never enjoyed one as much as this one. I think it's because of the subject, but also the pictures never get too intricate. Some other ones have such tiny details that it almost becomes tedious to color those. This book doesn't have as many as that. 

I've also really enjoyed bullet journaling but I'll be making an entire separate post on that!

What were some of your favorite things in January?

No comments:

Post a Comment