Feb 12, 2018

ARC Review: From Twinkle, With Love by Sandhya Menon

Author: Sandhya Menon
Publisher: Simon Pulse
Number of Pages: 384
Goodreads l Amazon

Synopsis:
"Aspiring filmmaker and wallflower Twinkle Mehra has stories she wants to tell and universes she wants to explore, if only the world would listen. So when fellow film geek Sahil Roy approaches her to direct a movie for the upcoming Summer Festival, Twinkle is all over it. The chance to publicly showcase her voice as a director? Dream come true. The fact that it gets her closer to her longtime crush, Neil Roy—a.k.a. Sahil’s twin brother? Dream come true x 2.
When mystery man “N” begins emailing her, Twinkle is sure it’s Neil, finally ready to begin their happily-ever-after. The only slightly inconvenient problem is that, in the course of movie-making, she’s fallen madly in love with the irresistibly adorkable Sahil.
Twinkle soon realizes that resistance is futile: The romance she’s got is not the one she’s scripted. But will it be enough?"
Another amazing read from Sandhya Menon! Personally, I felt that I could relate to this book more than I could When Dimple Met Rishi. 

I wish I had waited to read this book in the summer. It is such a perfect quick, adorable read! I could picture myself laying out in the sun, reading this book and falling for Twinkle's charisma and charm. Although considering this book is coming out in May the timing is perfect. 

All of the characters in this book are enjoyable characters and, for me, even more importantly, realistic. I've met a Neil, Sahil, and even been friends with a Hannah. I could place each and every one of these characters in my real life. I just enjoyed the book so much more because of this, Sandhya Menon nailed the writing in this aspect. Twinkle was such a relatable character for me. I've been in her same place of losing friends, being financially strapped, and having a family member that is slightly crazy. 😂

When it came to the plot, I could see the plot twist coming. That isn't necessarily a bad thing but it just made the novel more of a light-hearted read for me, something that I could (and probably will) quickly re-read from time to time. It wasn't anything that ruined the book for me if I anything I was glad that the book ended up as it did. It allowed me to connect more with characters like Sahil and I grew to love them even more. 

Overall a very enjoyable read! I highly recommend picking this up when it is finally released, especially if you enjoyed When Dimple Met Rishi, many Indian-American girls (like myself) may find Twinkle to be more relatable than Dimple.

Rating: 4 out of 5 stars!

*A copy of this book was provided by the author for an honest review.


No comments:

Post a Comment