Feb 23, 2016

Top Ten Books I Recently Enjoyed That Weren't My Type of Book

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish.

I wouldn't have previously said that these were my type of books, but after enjoying so many of them I will definitely check some more out.


1. All Quiet on the Western Front by Erich Maria Remarque

One of the best books I've read in my entire life. A must read for everyone. 


2. First They Killed My Father by Loung Ung

This book was so powerful and inspiring, and I thought it was so interesting to read first hand experience on the Cambodian genocide. 


3. The Narrative of the Life of Frederick Douglass

I don't read a lot of autobiographies, but this one was so inspiring and powerful. If you are interested in civil rights and slavery definitely pick this one up.






4. All My Sons by Arthur Miller

I had never been one to read plays, but after I read this one I literally went out trying to find all of Miller's plays. So good!


5. Freakonomics by Stephen J. Levitt

This book was so outside the box and HILARIOUS! I freaking loved it and would suggest it to everyone. I learned so much reading this book and I couldn't put it down. 






6. An Enemy of the People by Henrik Ibsen

Another play that I loved. Definitely going to read more plays in the future since I've loved all the ones I read so far.







7. Darwin by Paul Johnson

Again, I didn't think I would like a lot of biographies, but this one was so interesting and informative I loved it!

8. Blackbird by Anna Carey

I never thought I would like second person, but it really got me caught up in the book. If you guys know any other good books written in second person please let me know! 





9. The Isle of the Lost by Melissa de la Cruz

I've never really like middle grade (beside Percy Jackson obviously) but this books got me caught up in the Disney characters and I really enjoyed it.





10. Brave New World by Aldous Huxley
This isn't something I've ever really tried, and although this was a weird book it was really interesting. I enjoyed the entire book and I definitely want to try more of these books that are out of my comfort zone.

No comments:

Post a Comment