Nov 17, 2015

Top Ten Quotes I Loved From Books I Read In This Year


Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish.



1. Andy Weir, The Martian

“I guess you could call it a "failure", but I prefer the term "learning experience".”


2. Ernest Cline, Ready Player One

“Going outside is highly overrated.”

3. Victoria Aveyard, Red Queen

“The truth is what I make it. I could set this world on fire and call it rain.” 







4. Rachel Hawkins, Rebel Belle

“The great thing about best friends is that they know you really well. And the terrible thing about best friends is that they know YOU really well.”

5. Katie McGarry, Nowhere But Here

“Running is still running. It doesn't matter if it's a physical move from one place to another or if it's to within yourself.” 






6. Rick Riordan, Percy Jackson's Greek Gods

“I wake up every morning and think: You know what would be good today? Not dying.”






7. Jandy Nelson, I'll Give You the Sun

“I didn’t know you could get buried in your own silence.” 

8. Danielle Paige, Dorothy Must Die

“I didn’t know what was worse: to have your shot and screw it up, or to never have had a shot in the first place.” 





9. Emma Chase, Twisted

“Self-doubts are like weeds; if you don't deal with them right away, they multiply. And before you know it, your garden looks like a jungle in Vietnam.” 




10. Ransom Riggs, Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children
“I used to dream about escaping my ordinary life, but my life was never ordinary. I had simply failed to notice how extraordinary it was.” 

No comments:

Post a Comment