Aug 10, 2015

Review: Out at Home by J.L. Paul

Author: J.L. Paul
Publisher:CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform
Number of Pages: 163

Synopsis:
"When green reporter Taylor Lockwood finally gets a real story, her excitement is short-lived. She's supposed to interview Brady Nolan, a local boy who made it to the big leagues. Unfortunately for Taylor, she has a history with Brady.
Brady had been the big man on campus back at high school - leaving a trail of broken hearts behind him. But he'd seemed different with Taylor - more attentive and loving. They'd managed to stay together most of the school year - even attending Senior Prom. But all of that ended the day after Prom when her best friend informed her that she had been part of a bet that Brady had made with his friend, Jason.
It took Taylor years to get over it - but she'd managed. Now, however, Brady Nolan is thrust back into her life, and although she's determined to put him and the entire high school incident behind her - he's determined to never let her go again."
This had been on my TBR list on Goodreads for the longest time. I had actually forgotten why I had put it on there at all. But I picked it up because it was short and because I went into it blindly I enjoyed it a lot more than I think I would have otherwise.

I read this book in almost a day which isn't really that big of an accomplishment because it's only 163 pages long. It was a really fast read that I found I enjoyed not because it was original but because it was a girly, cliché type of book. Which I kind of needed because it's summer...



While it was a little cliché, I think it was supposed to be one of those reads that you are just supposed to fly through and just smile at. The characters were cute, only sometimes infuriating, and so was the plot. Other than that I don't really know what to say about them... although I did love how Brady called Taylor "love". It reminded me a lot of Klaus from The Vampire Diaries which made me happy. 



Anyways, I thought the book was a really quick, fun read. And it didn't even feel rushed because the author meticulously added some jumps of 2 or 3 weeks that allowed us to fully understand the story. So, I would suggest this book to anyone looking for a light read!

 Rating: 4 out of 5 stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment