Apr 28, 2014

ARC Review: Out of Mind by Jen McLaughlin

Out of Mind (Out of Line, #3)Author: Jen McLaughlin
Publisher: Self-Published
Number of Pages: 222

Synopsis:

"Reaching for sunlight...
Finn survived the ambush and came home to me, but in his head, the battle is still raging. He’s falling apart and I’m trying my best to pick up the pieces of him, to find the us we used to be. I love him as much as I ever did, but love isn’t enough to fix this. I thought telling my father about our relationship would be the hardest thing we’d ever have to face. I was wrong.
Lost in shadows...
All I wanted was to be worthy of Carrie. One mission, just one, and I’d be able to give her the future she deserved. Then everything went wrong, leaving me tainted and broken. Carrie wants me to be who I was, but all that’s left is what they made of me. I’m no good for her. No good for anyone like this. I have to figure out how to move forward. Alone.
Sometimes love isn’t enough…"
The last book in the Out of Line series was a beautiful, heart-throbbing show of what Carrie and Finn are made of.

To be honest I'm very skeptical of last books in series. I'm a YA and NA reader and I have see a LOT of bad endings so I'm always hesitant but I love this series I just jumped right in. Jen McLaughlin nailed this ending. This whole entire book had me on edge, the beginning, middle, and ending.

Carrie and Finn are obviously going through so many different things with the way that Out of Time left off and they both handle all of the emotions in different ways. This book is definitely a bit more heavy and serious than the first two books.

My favorite part of this book is how much we get to see the characters grow in this book. It does take place over a a couple of years and it was just perfect. We definitely see more of the senator-best thing ever! We really got to meet the senator and get a feel for why he does certain things.

Jen McLaughlin did a smashing job (did I just sound a little Australian there?) of this book I am very sad that the series is over. I am definitely looking forward to more of Jen's books. 

Also, just so you guys to the Epilogue of the book might be a bit familiar to some of you. Look for Jen's Author's Note at the back of the book to figure out why. :)

Rating: 5 out of 5 stars!!

*A copy of this book was provided by the author as a giveaway.

No comments:

Post a Comment