Aug 2, 2013

Review: Predestined by Abbi Glines

Predestined (Existence Trilogy, #2)Author: Abbi Glines
Publisher: CreateSpace
Number of Pages: 300

Synopsis:
"You would think after helping save her boyfriend from an eternity in Hell that things would go back to normal. Well, as normal as life can be when you can see souls and your boyfriend is Death. But for Pagan Moore, things are just getting weirder. 
The high school quarterback and reigning heartthrob, Leif Montgomery, is missing. While the town is in a frenzy of worry, Pagan is a nervous wreck for other reasons. Apparently good ‘ol Leif isn’t your average teenage boy. He isn’t even human. According to Death, Leif doesn’t have a soul. The quarterback may have skipped town but he’s still showing up in Pagan’s dreams... uninvited. 
Dank has known from the beginning Leif wasn’t human. But he hadn’t worried about a simple soulless creature. Now, he realizes he made a grave mistake. Pagan’s soul has been marked since birth as a restitution, to a spirit so dark not even Death walks near it. Dank knows saving Pagan’s soul won’t be easy but Pagan is his. And he’s already proven he’ll defy Heaven to keep her. If Hell wants a piece of him too, then bring it on."
This book was a must read once I read the first book Existence. Once I saw it the library I picked up immediately. I thoroughly enjoyed this one, even more than the first one.
“Is this seat taken?" a warm sexy drawl asked and I lifted my gaze and smiled up at Dank."Yes. I'm saving it for my smoking hot boyfriend," I replied teasingly. Dank slid in beside me and put his arm around my shoulder. "Hmmm, well he should have gotten here sooner. You snooze, you lose.” 
This was an absolute JOY to read! I fell in love once I cracked open the cover. Dank and Pagan's story kept on getting better and better once I started. My face was practically in a smile the whole time unless I wanted crying. The emotions this book brought out in me were just remarkable. I was feeling sadness and happiness simultaneously at times. It was all so frustrating  in a good way.
“It's called Valentine's Day, you moron. If you're going to date a human, Dankmar, you need to remember their holidays.” 
This book was witty, funny, and full of surprises. I was quite pleased with everything. I don't think I found anything to be upset with so....YAY!!!! We really get to see Dank and Pagan's relationship grow and how it is affected by Dank being Death. 

The plot twist was FREAKING AMAZING!!! That plot twist was like....O.M.G. Leif. I was rendered speechless. My sister had to slap me to get out of it  sadly, I am not joking. :( Then that ending...
Guys I am just fangirling my head off right now. My sadness can just float away now, I AM JUST SO HAPPY NOW!! 

Abbi Glines did another amazing job writing this book. She didn't leave any of the wishes of a reader unmet. She's one of my favorite authors and this book definitely proves why. I can't wait to read the next book, Ceaseless, and then get a review to you guys!
I HIGHLY recommend this book to everyone because it is YA and therefore all of you should be able to read this. 

Rating: 5 out of 5 stars!!

No comments:

Post a Comment