Jun 17, 2013

[Adult] Review: Entwined With You by Sylvia Day

Entwined with You (Crossfire, #3)Author: Sylvia Day
Publisher: Berkley
Number of Pages: 368

Synopsis:
"From the moment I first met Gideon Cross, I recognized something in him that I needed. Something I couldn’t resist. I saw the dangerous and damaged soul inside–so much like my own. I was drawn to it. I needed him as surely as I needed my heart to beat.
No one knows how much he risked for me. How much I’d been threatened, or just how dark and desperate the shadow of our pasts would become.
Entwined by our secrets, we tried to defy the odds. We made our own rules and surrendered completely to the exquisite power of possession…"
So when June 4th came around I was squealing like a little girl who had just met her favorite actor, but I would probably squeal like a little girl if I met Gideon Cross. I absolutely loved this book, not as much as the second but this book still made my pants fall off!

This book was amazing, and had me begging for more. Originally this was supposed to be the last book, but Ms, Sylvia Day decided that she was going to make this into a 5 book series! I honestly don't know whether to be thrilled that there is more Gideon and Eva or be upset because I have to go through the agony that comes with waiting for the next book. 

This book wasn't as good as the second book which I gave a 5 out 5 star rating (You can read the review here.) Mainly, this book wasn't as exciting because of the beginning. They were happy and in love and that equals sex. I don't mind reading about sex, this is a series filled with it, but this book had a lot of it at the beginning. At first it was hot (H.O.T.) but it got to be too much with them doing it every 5 pages. The beginning didn't contain much substance. That totally ruined the rest of the book. I was tempted to skip through the next time they went and did it, but I didn't because well..I love Gideon...A LOT!

That was really all that I didn't enjoy about this book. Everything was amazing, totally beautiful and I wanted to shed tears of joy. The ending was like THANK GOD!!! NO FREAKING RELATIONSHIP CLIFFHANGER!!!! <--This my friends has been annoying me. I needed to know if they get together. You all will be happy with the results. :D
“I look at you, angel, and I want you so badly. I want to be with you, listen to you, talk to you. I want to hear you laugh and hold you when you cry. I want to sit next to you, breathe the same air, share the same life. I want to wake up to you like this every day forever. I want you.”
Throughout the whole book, and most of the series, Eva questioned whether or not two people who are abuse survivors could have a normal relationship. Gideon gave her the most beautiful little speech that I for one grew to love him even more for. 

I have to say that I am looking forward to the next book in the series, but I have to wait until 2014 which is very, very sad and I might die just waiting...hopefully not. 

This series is definitely a MUST read series for everyone. Well I suggest that you only read this if you are 17 or older

P.S. If you guys want to see a video interview of Aestas Book Blog with Sylvia Day about the upcoming series, click here.

Rating: 4 out of 5 star rating!!

No comments:

Post a Comment