May 7, 2013

New Releases (Week of 5/5/13)

So I usually do new releases on Saturday's but I was too busy so I just decided to do it today. Since all the book are released today anyway...]

The first book is an adult book and a sequel, it is....Down London Road by Samantha Young!

Down London Road (On Dublin Street, #2)Release Date: TODAY!!!
Publisher: NAL
Number of Pages: 384

Synopsis:

"Johanna Walker is used to taking charge. But she’s about to meet someone who will make her lose control....

It has always been up to Johanna to care for her family, particularly her younger brother, Cole. With an absent father and a useless mother, she’s been making decisions based on what’s best for Cole for as long as she can remember. She even determines what men to date by how much they can provide for her brother and her, not on whatever sparks may—or may not—fly.

But with Cameron MacCabe, the attraction is undeniable. The sexy new bartender at work gives her butterflies every time she looks at him. And for once, Jo is tempted to put her needs first. Cam is just as obsessed with getting to know Jo, but her walls are too solid to let him get close enough to even try.

Then Cam moves into the flat below Jo’s, and their blistering connection becomes impossible to ignore. Especially since Cam is determined to uncover all of Jo’s secrets …even if it means taking apart her defenses piece by piece."


The next book coming out is Nantucket Blue by Leila Howard!

Nantucket BlueRelease Date: TODAY!!
Publisher: Disney Hyperion
Number of Pages: 304

Synopsis:

"For Cricket Thompson, a summer like this one will change everything. A summer spent on Nantucket with her best friend, Jules Clayton, and the indomitable Clayton family. A summer when she’ll make the almost unattainable Jay Logan hers. A summer to surpass all dreams.

Some of this turns out to be true. Some of it doesn’t. 

When Jules and her family suffer a devastating tragedy that forces the girls apart, Jules becomes a stranger whom Cricket wonders whether she ever really knew. And instead of lying on the beach working on her caramel-colored tan, Cricket is making beds and cleaning bathrooms to support herself in paradise for the summer.

But it’s the things Cricket hadn’t counted on--most of all, falling hard for someone who should be completely off-limits--that turn her dreams into an exhilarating, bittersweet reality.

A beautiful future is within her grasp, and Cricket must find the grace to embrace it. If she does, her life could be the perfect shade of Nantucket blue."

Next is The Lucy Variations by Sara Zarr! I haven't really read any of her books, but the ones that I have I didn't enjoy. This one sounds so good, I really hope it is!!

The Lucy VariationsRelease Date: TODAY!!!
Publisher: Little Brown BFYR (Books For Young Readers)
Number of Pages: 320

Synopsis:

"Lucy Beck-Moreau once had a promising future as a concert pianist. The right people knew her name, her performances were booked months in advance, and her future seemed certain.

That was all before she turned fourteen.

Now, at sixteen, it's over. A death, and a betrayal, led her to walk away. That leaves her talented ten-year-old brother, Gus, to shoulder the full weight of the Beck-Moreau family expectations. Then Gus gets a new piano teacher who is young, kind, and interested in helping Lucy rekindle her love of piano -- on her own terms. But when you're used to performing for sold-out audiences and world-famous critics, can you ever learn to play just for yourself?

National Book Award finalist Sara Zarr takes readers inside the exclusive world of privileged San Francisco families, top junior music competitions, and intense mentorships. The Lucy Variations is a story of one girl's struggle to reclaim her love of music and herself. It's about finding joy again, even when things don't go according to plan. Because life isn't a performance, and everyone deserves the chance to make a few mistakes along the way."

The last book on my to-reads list is my absolute dying-to-read book. It is If I Should Die by Amy Plum. I already have this coming my way. I'm going to read it them minute I get it!

If I Should Die (Revenants, #3)Release Date: TODAY!!!
Publisher: HarperTeen
Number of Pages: 405

Synopsis: *I WOULD NOT READ THIS IF YOU HAVE NOT READ THIS SERIES.CONTAINS SPOILERS!*

"I will not lose another person I love. I will not let history repeat itself.

Vincent waited lifetimes to find me, but in an instant our future together was shattered. He was betrayed by someone we both called a friend, and I lost him. Now our enemy is determined to rule over France’s immortals, and willing to wage a war to get what they want.

It shouldn’t be possible, none of it should be, but this is my reality. I know Vincent is somewhere out there, I know he’s not completely gone, and I will do anything to save him.

After what we’ve already fought to achieve, a life without Vincent is unimaginable. He once swore to avoid dying—to go against his nature and forsake sacrificing himself for others—so that we could be together. How can I not risk everything to bring my love back to me?"    <------ZOMBIES!!! I LOVE them! <3

What books are you looking forward to?

No comments:

Post a Comment