Mar 17, 2013

Review: Noah by Elizabeth Reyes

Noah (5th Street, #1)Author: Elizabeth Reyes
Rating: 4 out of 5 stars

I don't know if you guys have read any other Elizabeth Reyes books, but this book brought back so many memories. The first time I saw Forever Mine on Amazon and it was free at the time so I picked it up. I fell in love with that book. Then I finished the series and read Fate. I wanted to cry because I had to wait for the next book. Then on the anniversary of Noah, Elizabeth Reyes made it free for a day. I snatched it up, and once again I fell in love with her book.

Here's the synopsis:
"Veronica Cruz has been through hell and back. After disconnecting with the world two years ago to be at the side of her dying mother, she’s left alone, unemployed, overweight, and feeling a decade older than her twenty-eight years. When her best friend coaxes her into joining the local gym to ditch her depression and rejuvenate her life, she meets Noah. Assigned to help Veronica lose weight, Noah is everything she expected a young trainer to be—perfectly chiseled, supportive and motivating. Add to that, he’s incredibly sexy. He’s everything she’s ever looked for in a man. What she least expected was for him to fall for her, but he has. There's just one glaring problem: Noah is eight years younger. 
Noah Quintanilla has his eye on a boxing title—someday. Down for a few months with an injury, his maintenance-boy pay at 5th Street Gym won't cut it. He’s finally given the opportunity to train. The catch? His trainee is an out-of-shape woman with a free week pass. Taking on the challenge, Noah stumbles into one of the closest friendships he’s ever known, and before he knows it, he’s in love. But Veronica’s not having it—the age difference is too much. Their platonic relationship means having to watch her date other men—something that would make him crazy. Believing he's the man for her, Noah sets out to prove that age is but an illusion, and there's more to him than just a number."

Okay, let me give you a few pictures to describe this book.




THIS BOOK WAS SOOOO GOOD. Noah are so adorable I could literally just hug you to death, or die happy just from staring at you. DEREK GET OUT OF THE WAY BEFORE I KILL YOU. Yes that is how much I don't like him. I will commit murder, to keep him away from Roni.

Why didn't I give this book 5 out of 5 stars? Well its because of the ending. It freaking annoyed me. It kind of ended abruptly, and that just was like a "WHAT?!" factor for me. I want more, more, and more. I had grown this connection with the characters that just made me feel like I had to have this whole entire connection with them. I had to know every little detail of their lives. Sad, but true. 

Elizabeth Reyes is somehow able to create these amazing characters that just seem so life like. That gets major points in my book. I like to read about characters that seem real and I can connect with. It brings out more emotion and emotion is always good when your reading. 

Now Noah is such an interesting character. He is very mature for his age, yet not to mature that he doesn't act his age at all. When he needs to be mature, he's mature. When its time to act his age, he acts his age. Many authors stick to one. Either the character always acts his age or he always acts like he's older than he really is. That just gives off the old man vibes. No one wants to read about an old guy romance. Elizabeth Reyes balances the situation perfectly, and that is one of the reasons I will read anything that she writes.

Roni...is interesting-in a good way. I definitely agree with her on her hesitation on dating a younger man. I would definitely be careful about that too, but at the same time she takes the risk because she trusts him. 

Guys, I really recommend picking up this book and reading it. It would be foolish not to. So go pick this up. Here's the link to buy it, so go get it before I have to yell in your ear about it.


See ya guys,
Little Bookworm

No comments:

Post a Comment