Feb 21, 2013

Review: The Best Night of Your (Pathetic) Life by Tara Altebrando

The Best Night of Your (Pathetic) LifeAuthor: Tara Altebrando
Publisher: Dutton Juvenile
Number of Pages: 239

Here's the synopsis:

"An all-day scavenger hunt in the name of eternal small-town glory. With only a week until graduation, there's one last thing Mary and her friends must do together: participate in the Oyster Point High Official Unofficial Senior Week Scavenger Hunt. And Mary is determined to win. Mary lost her spot at Georgetown to self-professed "it" bully Jake Barbone, and she's not about to lose again. But everyone is racing for the finish line with complicated motives, and the team's all-night adventure becomes all-night drama as shifting alliances, flared tempers, and crushing crushes take over. As the items and points pile up, Mary and her team must reinvent their strategy--and themselves--in order to win."
This review is most likely going to be short because there isn't much to say about this book. This book isn't something with a big plot or anything, it's a light read that you might read while lying in the sun or right before going to bed.

I really did enjoy this book. I read it in one sitting and it honestly doesn't take long to finish. I didn't give it a 5 for that very reason. I loved all the different messages in the book though. How being gay is okay. They can be some of the nicest people.

I found the ending kind of disappointing because it was kind of predictable. I had figured out who would get the Yeti the minute I started reading the book.

Okay, I just have to say this. I really want to do this! This competition sounds so freaking cool! Too bad my school is really strict on these types things and I really do need to get into a cool college.

Guys, go read this book. It's an easy and quick read so there's really no excuse. Tell me what you think of it when you do!


Rating: 4 out of 5 stars!!

1 comment:

  1. Ooooh! I'm in love with the cover <3 I found your blog through Goodreads. I am now a new follower of yours. Please follow me back at Forever YA.

    ReplyDelete