Jan 8, 2013

The Ultimate Book Tag!

Hey Guys! So I watch a lot of booktubers and they are always having a ton of fun being tagged. Then I saw a tag on Sincerely, Steph, a blog that I read. I loved that she tagged all of us and so I did one. Next I want you guys(if you have a blog) to make one has well, and post the links in the comments section.

Questions:
1. Do you get sick while reading in the car?
 
No, and it would suck if it did because I go on really long car drives in the summer. My ultimate reading time. I guess the only reason I would get sick in the car is if there is hot coffee in the car. I HATE the smell of coffee.

2. Which author's writing style is completely unique to you and why?
Well when I read Over You by Emma McLaughlin the writing style hit my in the face(literally my sister bumped into it and the book hit me in the face -.-). That's all I can think of.

3. Harry Potter Series or the Twilight Saga? Give 3 points to defend your answer.
 Twilight Saga. It has vampires, they aren't as long of a series or in book length, and it has two hot guys. You my friends, have been lawyered!

4. Do you carry a book bag? If so, what is it in (besides books...)?
 Medicine for those off days, a bunch of pens just rolling around, and I hate to say...old food wrappers. Oh, and I always have gum with me.

5. Do you smell your books?
 Depends. If it's a book I checked out from the library definitely no, who knows what's been done to it! Otherwise yes. I love smelling new books. If there was a prefume that smelled like Barnes and Nobles, I would own it.

6. Books with or without little illustrations?
 Without. I need to picture my own setting and characters, or else everything gets befuddled. The exception is the picture books.

7. What book did you love while reading but discovered later it wasn't quality writing? (Ex. I read Twilight before I read HP and thought the writing was amazing but read HP and now think Twilight is a little bit of a joke.)
I agree with Twilight. Don't get me wrong it is still one of my favorite series (#2 coming right after the Mortal Instruments) but I felt as if the love story went wayyyy too fast. This was basically my reaction when I read it:

Nothing more, nothing less. And yes, that is Loki from The Avengers/ Thor. LOVE Superheroes  My favorites are Batman and Iron Man.

8. Do you have any funny stories involving books from your childhood? Please share!
 Actually I don't. I wasn't as big of a reader when I was little because I lived in NYC, and lets just say that we don't read there, we just played baseball. So most of the time I was outside, then in the winter we were just inside playing board games.

9. What is the thinnest book on your shelf?
Red Dirt Rocker by Jody French. (180 pages)

10. What is the thickest book on your shelf?
The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest by Steig Larsson. (820 pages)

11. Do you write as well as read? Do you see yourself in the future as being an author?
 Yes! I write and I hope that one day I will be able to become an author. It is my biggest goal. Maybe I can put some excerpts up for you guys if I ever get close to finishing a book. The future looks bright!

12. When did you get into reading?
 In about 5th grade when I read Twilight. I fell in love with the series and ended up loving it. I ended reading my whole library after that trying to find a book just as good. I found some that lived up to the expectation and now I'm addicted to reading.

13. What is your favorite classic book?
I haven't read many classics but I have to say To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee.

14. In school was your best subject Language Arts/English?
In middle school, no. English was probably my worst subject. Now I'm in high school, I am totally rocking that class!

15. If you were given a book as a present that you had read before and hated...what would you do?
 Well...there better be a gift receipt with it, and if not tell Barnes and Nobles that I received it as a gift and most of the time, the store will give me the money in a gift card.

16. What is a lesser known series that you know of that is similar to Harry Potter or the Hunger Games?
I have no idea!
17. What is a bad habit you always do (besides rambling) while blogging?
 Chewing my fingernails. I will be thinking about what I should write and I will starting chewing them away.

18. What is your favorite word?
Don't have one.

19. Are you a nerd, dork, or dweeb? Or all of the above?
Nerd. I don't really know how to explain it.

20. Vampires or Fairies? Why?
Vampires. After the Mortal Instruments series I hated fairies, but others are okay. Also, vampires live for eternity. I'M IMMORTAL!!!!! Plus, they are super fast and basically do a lot of stuff. They are also super good looking, but at the same time SCARY!

21. Shapeshifters or Angels? Why?
Shapeshifters, just so I could scare the crap out of my friends......and I could stalk people by turning into a kitten. Angels are pretty cool but then I'd probably turn into a fallen angels for something stupid like sassing God.

22. Spirits or Werewolves? Why?
Werewolves. Jacob is just super hot. I could turn into a dog and scare the crap out of people. (I'm starting to sense a theme.)

23. Zombies or Vampires?
I am soo not answering this question. Zombies are super cool. I am hot for vampires. I AM NOT ANSWERING THIS QUESTION.

24. Love Triangle or Forbidden Love?
Love triangle. Who doesn't want two guys fighting over them? I don't want to have to sneak around.

25. AND FINALLY: Full on romance books or action-packed with a few love scenes mixed in?
..................................................................................................Depends on how the community functions. Most of the time I would choose full on romance. Unless I am reading something like Defiance or The Hunger Games then it would be action-packed with a few love scenes mixed in.


Also, I mentioned booktubers, and I was wondering if you guys wanted me to make a blog post about what YouTube Channels I watch, not just limited to booktubers. Though, most of them are booktubers...I think. Tell me what you think in the comments section!

Happy Reading! :3

3 comments:

  1. Yay you did the tag, it was fun reading your answers. :)
    I really want to read To Kill A Mockingbird!

    Oh and I'd love to see what booktubers you watch! I watch a few myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going over to do this on my blog! I'll be back soon with my link :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. http://myviewpointonbooks.blogspot.com/2013/01/the-ultimate-book-tag.html

    ReplyDelete