Dec 8, 2012

The Twilight Saga

Author: Stephanie Meyer
Rating: 5 out of 5 stars (All books in series)
 So today I will be doing a review on the Twilight Saga all four books. Not on each separately. That would take too long to do all series that way. The four Twilight books are Twilight, New Moon, Eclipse, and Breaking Dawn. I will post the covers at the bottom.
I’m just going to say that for all you Harry Potter fans that hate Twilight, please don’t worry. I might be a die hard Twilight fan, but I am a fan of Harry Potter as well and will do a review on that as well. I will do a review on that later on because I read the series when I was in third grade. I need to read them over again. Please just bear through this.
So before all you people ask team Jacob or Edward, let me tell you. I have no freaking idea! Yeah…I love them both. On one side I freaking love vampires, if I could be any paranormal creature it would probably be a vampire or demon, and that depends on whether I could stand in the sun or not.  Then you’ve got the werewolf. The really cute werewolf that beats Edward’s looks right off his face. (I love you Taylor Lautner!!!)  I have also taken about 5 million test and quizzes to see whether I am Team Edward or Team Jacob. Everyone tells me that I am a Bella (L) I love them both (J). That is don’t have a team Edward or Jacob banner on my side bar.

So Twilight…I freaking love it! It is what got me to love reading. It is what compelled me to read those fat-ass Harry Potter books and love them. Twilight is amazing. If you haven’t read Twilight (really? Come on people, READ IT!). Here is a synopsis:

“Isabella Swan's move to Forks, a small, perpetually rainy town in Washington, could have been the most boring move she ever made. But once she meets the mysterious and alluring Edward Cullen, Isabella's life takes a thrilling and terrifying turn. Up until now, Edward has managed to keep his vampire identity a secret in the small community he lives in, but now nobody is safe, especially Isabella, the person Edward holds most dear. The lovers find themselves balanced precariously on the point of a knife-between desire and danger. Deeply romantic and extraordinarily suspenseful, Twilight captures the struggle between defying our instincts and satisfying our desires. This is a love story with bite.”

Yeah, it’s cheesy and a clique but guess what…I still find it awesome! Through the rest of the series they go through different obstacles that come with their unique relationship. 
Now let me say that the first book really caught my attention. I found it a bit weird how the problem didn't show up until the end of the book, but it was really enjoyable. One of my favorite characters was Emmett. Oh my god, throughout this whole series he made me laugh and smile like crazy. I absolutely LOVE him. In the movie he is played by Kellan Lutz. Let me tell you, the guy is such an amazing character and don’t forget yummy. He especially makes you laugh in part three of Breaking Dawn.

New Moon….yeah. I loved it but it just wasn't as good as the first. I guess because of the big problem in the book. That would definitely cause a rift in me not liking the book. I was really glad that we got to see more of Jacob (!!!). Though at the beginning I have to say that Bella just seems so clingy and pathetic. Meyer definitely could have created a stronger character. The ending is something that I love to read. The part in Bella’s bedroom when she thinks that she’s dreaming (No, people. Nothing happens.)
Now onto…Eclipse! I freaking love Eclipse! This is my favorite book in the whole series. I just can’t even tell you why. The problem is just freaking epic, and then Edward and Bella….Ugh! I don’t want to spoil it for all of you who haven’t read it yet! If you guys want to talk to me about it just email me or comment and tell me your email and we can chat about it!

Breaking Dawn…OMG! I have a love-hate relationship with this book. This book is separated into 3 parts. Two being in Bella’s point of view and the other one in Jacob’s point of view. Let me just say. I don’t like Jacob’s point of view. The only reason there is a slight liking is because it is funny. Jacob is really funny and some of the chapter titles are funny as well. Bella’s points of views are much more enjoyable. The first part and last part are in her point of views. I have to say I enjoy the third part the best because there is much more humor and there is the action in that scene.

Now if you guys have seen the movie for Breaking Dawn…freaking hell. I loved the change that they made. I was sobbing with all that action and despair. I thought I was going to have to go home and just lie in bed all day and not ever talk to people again. That movie was the best out of all them. Out of the books I would say that Eclipse is the best. Everyone I am telling you to read this book and then watch the movie.



1) Twilight   2)New Moon   3) Eclipse  4) Breaking Dawn






No comments:

Post a Comment