Dec 15, 2012

The Edge of Never

The Edge of NeverAuthor: J.A. Redmerski
Rating: 4 out of 5 stars

OH MY GOD! I think I just died a little. Like seriously, I feel lighter. When I got to the last page of the book I felt my head just tip towards my shoulder as if something had just gone missing. I FREAKIN LOVE THIS BOOK! 

Here's the synopsis:

"Twenty-year-old Camryn Bennett had always been one to think out-of-the-box, who knew she wanted something more in life than following the same repetitive patterns and growing old with the same repetitive life story. And she thought that her life was going in the right direction until everything fell apart.
Determined not to dwell on the negative and push forward, Camryn is set to move in with her best friend and plans to start a new job. But after an unexpected night at the hottest club in downtown Raleigh, North Carolina, she makes the ultimate decision to leave the only life she’s ever known, far behind.
With a purse, a cell phone and a small bag with a few necessities, Camryn, with absolutely no direction or purpose boards a Greyhound bus alone and sets out to find herself. What she finds is a guy named Andrew Parrish, someone not so very different from her and who harbors his own dark secrets. But Camryn swore never to let down her walls again. And she vowed never to fall in love.
But with Andrew, Camryn finds herself doing a lot of things she never thought she’d do. He shows her what it’s really like to live out-of-the-box and to give in to her deepest, darkest desire. On their sporadic road-trip he becomes the center of her exciting and daring new life, pulling love and lust and emotion out of her in ways she never imagined possible. But will Andrew’s dark secret push them inseparably together, or tear them completely apart?"
Yes, I know I didn't give it a 5, it isn't some mistake. I just found that the book went a bit too fast and I really do want more from the ending of the book, but otherwise the rest of this book just got 5+ stars. It passed my test with flying colors. This book was so freaking heart-warming. I was so close to crying when I got the news about Andrew. I could feel the blood drain from my face, this is really where I thought that the book could have gone on longer. I felt that Redmerski could have put us through some more pain just so we could feel more connected to this scene in this book. 

I loved Cam's innocence in this book. It wasn't too innocent where it just seemed that she was just a child, but it wasn't like she had no innocence left in her. I felt that there was an equal balance between the two, and that's how it should be for a character like Cam. Cam was a bit closed off at the beginning and that she was sort-of dependent person in some situation, but eventually Andrew was able to help her grow out of that. I simply loved that.

Andrew Parrish....what to say? Now, I'm not going to gush about him (well, not a lot at least) and scream about how I want him for myself. No, that is not going to happen. Andrew, is one hell of a character. He is everything a girl wants. He's got a bad-boy side, but not too bad boy that he's constantly in trouble. He may be a bad-boy but at the same time he is such a sweet guy, he is caring, loving, and just faithful. That letter he wrote to Cam was so touching, it just made you want to cry and just want that type of love for yourself.

The plot in this book was amazing. It was superb and it makes me want to either a) read a sequel to this book or b) read a book very, very, very similar to this book. I really did love this book and while I know this book doesn't have a capability to have a sequel I would still love to read one. No matter how short or bad it would be. I want to know what happens next in the life of these brilliant characters. If anyone of you read a book and it is similar to this book please, please, please just message me and tell me. I really do want to read another book like this. Thank you!

I am telling you people to read this book. Really read this book. You will not be disappointed. Instead you will be ecstatic, and happy that you ever read this book. Just look at that cover! Is that not beautiful?!?!? I think it is, and it contains all three of my favorite colors! (Red, black, and white!) SERIOUSLY PEOPLE READ THIS BOOK! Also, don't forget to keeping reading. Happy Holidays! 

P.S. I just want to thank Annie for gushing about this book so much that it just compelled me to read it. Thank you so much Annie! I have read so many amazing books because of you!

Just a discretion if you plan on reading this book, it does contain mature content!

No comments:

Post a Comment