Dec 30, 2012

Review: Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Obsidian (Lux, #1)Author: Jennifer L. Armentrout
Publisher: Entangled Teen
Number of Pages: 335

Here's the synopsis:
"Starting over sucks.
When we moved to West Virginia right before my senior year, I'd pretty much resigned myself to thick accents, dodgy internet access, and a whole lot of boring.... until I spotted my hot neighbor, with his looming height and eerie green eyes. Things were looking up.
And then he opened his mouth.
Daemon is infuriating. Arrogant. Stab-worthy. We do not get along. At all. But when a stranger attacks me and Daemon literally freezes time with a wave of his hand, well, something...unexpected happens. 
The hot alien living next door marks me.
You heard me. Alien. Turns out Daemon and his sister have a galaxy of enemies wanting to steal their abilities, and Daemon's touch has me lit up like the Vegas Strip. The only way I'm getting out of this alive is by sticking close to Daemon until my alien mojo fades. 
If I don't kill him first, that is."

Let me just say something before I start this review. If you have not read this book yet, I need you to turn off the computer and go to the nearest Barnes and Noble and buy this book. Come back and sit on your bed and read until you finish this book. I doubt you will want to sleep until you read this book but your choice.

This book is absolutely amazing. It had the action we all crave from a book like this. It has the wit you all fall to our knees for and it has the romance we all die for.

When I first saw the synopsis I was a bit iffy, I wasn't on board for the idea of aliens. Ummm, I prefer my guys actually somewhat looking like humans not mini green people. Ummm gross. Was I dead wrong. When I saw all the 5 stars it was getting from my friends on Goodreads.com I just decided to give it a chance. This book left me on my knees begging for more, left me in a temper tantrum because it ended. 


That was the first time I read it. Now I just bought my own copy and I read it again, at the end it had a few parts of the book in Daemon's point of view. I-I don't even know what to say. It left me helpless, and pleading for more. Wanting to go out to Barnes and Noble at one in the morning, break in and just read. When the book ended and there was no more parts in Daemon's point of view, I was pissed. I want more. 

This book is so well written. I love the characters. Kat is so...me. We both have blogs :). We both react to certain situations the same too. I freaking love her. If I could be her I would. I've actually been in one of the situations she was in (not saying which one) and we reacted similarly.


Daemon is just so amazing. He acts all high and mighty but he just has this side of him which is just so sensitive. I feel as if he uses the asshat side of him to cover up and hide that sensitive side of him. He is amazingly hot it should be illegal. It's not fair how Kat gets to have him and I don't. * pouts*  Sometimes I just want to hit him but overall I really like him. I really love his sister Dee. She is so exuberant and so excited all the time. I love it and love people like her. She is also really caring and loving.

The problem was actually a lot of fun to read. It was exhilarating and scary and just plain fun to read. That's what we all love about reading...its fun. The first time they fought I thought that was it then I turned the page and.....it wasn't over. Like WHAT?!?!? The problem sort of happened two times.

Guys, I love this book. I just found in print in my local bookstore and I am strongly recommending that you go find this book. Buy it and read it. If you can't find it in print and you have a e-reader you can definitely find it there.

Go have fun reading this while I struggle to find some money so I can buy the second one, Onyx.

Happy Reading :3

Rating: 5 out of 5 stars!!

2 comments:

  1. I reaaaaally need this book! It sounds awesome!

    http://sincerelystephh.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here's a link if your interesting in buying it. I followed your blog! Super cute!

      http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/obsidian-jennifer-l-armentrout/1105621066?ean=9781620610077

      Delete